Ok, so we can't decide (that's right, Neil and Julie -- can not make a decision), what school we want Teegan to attend this Fall for Kindergarten. Do we keep him at the Childrens Academy as an after school program and send him to a school near the preschool he has been attending? Or does Neil stay home another year and we send Teegan to a school (public or charter) near us? Well, since none of these options include the school in our area -- we have had to fill out special permits for all schools (5 in total). And now we are getting invited to attend all of the orientations and being told that it is in our best interest to attend them all. Last Friday we attended the first Kindergarten Orientation for Teegan. I knew it was coming, but I had no idea how soon it was coming. And assessments, are you kidding me. My kid is obviously the smartest kid in the world (and I don't need anyone telling me so).
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Kindergarten is almost here!
We would like to see him attend a full-day kindergarten, but also found out that they hold full day Kindergarten for those who score low on their assessment (needing additional time in Kindergarten) or high on their assessment (used as a mentor/role model). The next orientation is in two weeks, and another two in April. We have been told that acceptance letters for the public schools will be mailed on March 31st. We may not hear from the charter school for a few more months. And then on top of this decision, how do full-time working parents coordinate work schedules with school schedules (if/when Neil goes back to work). I have a headache!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I got a headache just reading all that! Just kidding....WoW kindergarten...where has the time gone. Hope all is well. Love, Angie
Post a Comment