I always make it a priority of mine to try to find stuff for Neil to take the kids to do. My resource for finding stuff is usually gocitykids.com. Early last week I found out that the Zoo was free on Wednesday (the last Wednesday of each month during Nov - Feb), and the weather was scheduled to be pretty decent, so it was a done deal -- and this was one that I didn't want to miss out on so I took the day off.
We met Adam, Trista and their kids at the zoo. Teegan was labeled as our tour guide because he is crazy for maps. He did a fantastic job getting us around the zoo, a little bossy, but he was good. I think there is possibly a career for him in tour-guiding (he is that good).
It was definitely one of the better visits to the zoo. I'm not sure if it was the time of year, time of day, temperature, or what, but the animals seemed to have been very active and playful. The zebra's were a lot of fun to watch as they played around. We were just hoping that it was not some kind of a mating ritual. It did appear to be mating season for the bears though. You'll have to contact Adam for these pictures.
We ended our day on the train. Neil took a picture of all of us, while Adam took a picture of Neil. Ryton and Neil are missing because Ryton fell asleep and Neil stayed with him.
It was a great day!! The kids were good and a lot of fun.
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun day! I can't believe how big the kids are all getting. We miss you guys!!
Cute kids!
Post a Comment