CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Julie has a birthday and turns .....

Neil has set a tradition of getting me gerber daisies for my birthday / valentines day. He sometimes has them delivered or he brings them into my office for a surprise treat to lunch. This year he decided to have the kids (with his help of course) make me some gerber daisies.

The day before, Neil asked if I was free for lunch on Wednesday (my birthday), and I told him I was. So on the day of my birthday around the lunch hour I could hear them coming down the hallway towards my office. As they were getting closer I saw each of them carrying a "homemade" flower each.

The flowers were made out of museum board (really, really stiff paper) and each of them colored their own petals. The middle of the flower stuck out with a picture of each of their faces. The stems were made out of wood poles (I forget what Neil calls them) with leaves glued on as well.

The flowers were in a glass vase with hershey kisses for the water.

Cutest, cutest flower arrangement I have ever seen. I couldn't quit looking at them all day. And Teegan told me I could eat one kiss each birthday. This means that they should probably last longer than me, but I only give them a week or so.

Neil then surprised me later that night with Brian Regan tickets for March 13th. Any grandma's out there who want to babysit? (smiles...)

2 comments:

Lonnie, Angie and a little Girl said...

How cute! I would have been in tears reciving them. How creative and thoughtful. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!!!

grandma cyn said...

I am excited to see the flowers. They sound very cute. Where does he find the time?